The week of Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite times of the year. I am a HUGE football fan, and the games are always great. (Especially yesterday's whomping of the Cougars... sorry, Derek) I also look forward to my birthday most years. I'm happy this year b/c it hasn't snowed yet! Haha, I can almost always count on snow for my birthday. And the best reason for the season? The food!!! I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house. We always have the best food there! It's fun to get all the family together and eat and hang out for a while. It gets a little more complicated when you get married and have even more family to see on holidays, but it is still fun.
This week has been really busy. I am working full time now as the other lady is too sick to work for a while. My boss said she won't be back until "after the holidays at least." I'm still trying to get used to working full time... it is a lot more tiring than I remember!! But then again, the last time I was working this much, I wasn't very pregnant yet. Speaking of being very pregnant, I feel like a whale. And, no, there will not be any pictures posted. Well, maybe some from the shoulders up. Everyone says I'm still really small, but I don't feel so small. And what's with all the weird things that come with pregnancy??? Like memory loss, weird rashes on my arms, and dropping every thing I pick up??? Oh well, it won't last forever, right?
Derek has been sooooo busy with school. I think this is the busiest semester ever for him. Probably b/c he is working a ton of hours too. I really appreciate all that he does for our little family. We are both super tired all the time, but we will have a little break for the holiday. Then its back to the grind til the semester is over. After that... Only one more semester to go! I don't know if words can describe how excited we both are for school to be over. I'm sure Derek is more excited for that specifically, but I am excited at what that means: we finally move!!! We still aren't sure where we're gonna go in May, but we know it will happen.
We had another ultrasound this past week. It is always fun to see our baby girl and how much she is growing. She was HUGE in this last one compared to the previous one. We will get to see her again at the next appointment. She is already learning well how to avoid the paparazzi and has not let us see her face. Good for her, I say! But we do need to see her face so the doctor can rule out... something.... I don't remember what. Derek probably knows. I am feeling pretty good most days, with the exception of being dead tired by like 6. I have even had enough energy to feel hyper on a few occassions lately. Sources say that will end soon. Haha. I do have to say one thing, I am SO glad that I get to go thru this with Heather. It makes it easier to feel good when I can talk to her and we both know that we're normal and things are going well. And its fun to share stories of baby hiccups, getting kicked in the ribs, and whine about not being able to sleep.
Oh, the Cowboys game is starting... That's pretty much all I have to say! Hope everyone has a fun and safe Thanksgiving!
Peace out homefrys!
2 comments:
It sounds like things are really going well for you guys. Glad the pregnancy is going well too and you are still so small. It's fun to read your blog and catch up on you two. Hope to see you on Thanksgiving
I can't believe you are really going to be moving....:( we will miss seeing you and sad we won't get to see the new baby grow up :( I stole your blog address from mama shelley...I hope that's ok :) It was fun seeing you at the shower today..you look so cute pregnant :)
Post a Comment