Ok, the title kinda lies. We are in our new homeTOWN, not so much in the new HOME. Our stuff is in limbo. They said they could deliver it on Friday last, but now they are saying that they don't have it and not sure when they will have it.... Hummmm.
So, it is absolutely beautiful here. And humid and hot. But so far it hasn't been too bad. We went to our apartment yesterday and did a video tour... coming soon to the blog. Derek is trying to make the file smaller so it will fit on here. Anyway, we got our car too. It got a little beat up during its journey to Manna. Its not likely that anything will be done about it tho. Derek is funny because he said that he still feels like he's just here on vacation (tho I'm not sure why anyone would come to Manna for a vacation unless they know someone here...) but that he has the perfect rental car. We got a rental car anyway and I gotta say that its pretty awesome. Its no camaro... but its a smooth ride fo'sho. Its a... buick grand marquis or something like that. It might be a mercury, not a buick. But I think they are from the same company anyway so it kinda doesn't matter. Anyway, I can totally see why old people drive those boats. Smooth ride, huge and comfy seats, and the speedometer numbers are HUGE and digital. Haha. I'm one step closer to being the crazy cat lady.
Let's see... Oh, the plane ride over here was fantastic. Our little Liliana was an absolute ANGEL. She didn't even cry. She slept when we took off, finished her bottle, and slept the rest of the ride mostly. She was awake for the landing but she did better than I did for that. She didn't even have a little bit of concern on her face and I was kinda freaking out on the inside. We got to our hotel waaaaaay late on Saturday night. I think we rolled in a little after 1 a.m. and then we didn't actually get to sleep til about 3. We were all pretty dead yesterday.
Anyway, I think we're gonna take care of a few things today... Like getting our mail (our keys do not work for our mailbox!), maybe getting Derek's car registered (at least figuring out what we need to do for it), possibly getting our driver's licenses... you know, responsible things. We'll get to play after our stuff gets here and we get unpacked. I'm gonna try talking Derek into going to Virginia Beach before the week is up and he has to go to work.
So I guess that's all for now!!
Peace out homefrys!
PS Derek got the video to work... obviously... so here's our new place!!
3 comments:
I miss you! VA sucks come back lol
CONGRATULATIONS on venturing out of Utah! I am so excited for you and you guys are going to have a blast. I do miss you, but I don't live in Utah anyways so it doesn't really make a difference. I am just excited for your new adventures! Hug that little cute girl for me.
Cute apartment! Hope you get in it soon!!! Looks really green there!!! Nice!!!!! Bet you're loving it. Give Liliana a kiss from her great-grandma!!!
Post a Comment