So, I asked Dawn if she updated our blog and she said that I should do it. It's my first time...
Well, we have literally been interviewing all week. I went out to Washington D.C. last week to interview with Lockheed Martin. It went pretty well and sounded interesting enough to keep me entertained. D.C. just seemed a little overwhelming though. It was just HUGE. Luckily, I didn't have to drive anywhere since the airport and hotel and interview were all within a mile of each other, and the hotel took us in a shuttle.
I got back Friday night from an another interview I had just outside of Boston. It was for MIT Lincoln Labs, a research and development facility that is run by MIT. This sounds like the funnest job so far. They also have a program where they would pay me to get a master's degree at MIT or one of those Ivy League schools up there. It sounds like a pretty awesome opportunity for us.
And we can't forget about Dawn - she had an interview of her own. The way I understand it, she was just sitting at home (like she tends to do lately... lol), and she got a call from a real estate agent here in Orem. This agent is the very one who taught her old bosses everything they know, who, in turn, taught Dawn everything she knows, so she already knows everything this agent knows. (You might have to read that one a couple times, sorry!) She went and interviewed on Thursday and she will be starting a job there on Monday working part time. A part time job in real estate was exactly what she wanted, and it just fell out of the sky.... pretty awesome, huh?
For now we're just waiting to hear back from all these jobs and figure out where we are going to live for the next little while. We're also excited for another ultrasound that we are having next Monday. Oh, and we can't forget about Dawn's birthday in a couple weeks. She really wants a puppy. (After taking care of Clif's golden retrievers for a weekend, she says that she only wants a robot puppy right now...)
5 comments:
hey guys. it sounds like the interviews have been exciting. i hope it all works out well. good luck and enjoy your time back at work dawn!
Derek...stop loving the jobs back east. Dawn already promised me you guys woudl move to Texas to be my friends. I need some. Think of others...what about your duty to serve the less fortunate? Well make sure to post pics of the new ultrasound. Dawn..I know we've talked puppies before. I have 2 kids...JUST WAIT...go with the robot puppy. TRUST ME!
Hi! I just found your blog. Very fun blog. I hope the job hunting is going well now. See you guys on Thanksgiving
hey, just found your blog from facebook. very exciting that you're interviewing in all these cool places. i would love to live somewhere back east for a while, but we would miss our family & we have no education to work back there! ha ha. anyway, if you want you can check out our blogspot
chadandaub.blogspot.com
That's awesome. The MIT job seems amazing. I am so happy for you both!
Post a Comment