
This is my bass guitar and Derek's Guitar Hero guitar. He bought me an amp cord so I can play her (her name is Cherry, by the way.) and my parents bought us Guitar Hero so Derek can practice some more. We love playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band with my family. They are nuts!!

You'd think he was a 5 year old getting his first bike for Christmas by the look on his face.... But that's my Derek! It is actually a 3 pound bag of gummi bears.

This looks like a ball of wrapping paper garbage, but its really a tie wrapped like 6 times and with 13 bows. I thought the bows might distract from the ugly wrapping...
So Christmas was a lot of fun this year. We went to my grandma's house on Christmas Eve and had so much fun at our party there. After the party, we went to my mom's house with all my family. Cliff and Melissa had family pictures taken and they turned out SO cute! Cayson is such a little stud. We opened our presents that we got for each other and had a lot of fun. We got totally spoiled by everyone. We got some really fun gifts. Liliana even got some adorable Oklahoma Sooners binkies and little OU pajamas. SO CUTE!!! My mom gave me some more ornaments to add to my collection, including a cute Coke can (that looks awesome next to my ketchup bottle) and a cute one for me and Derek. Derek got a huge padded frisbee that reminded us of the time when we were playing frisbee in the park and he got hit in the face by it. I'm not sure if getting hit by this one will hurt more or less.... We laughed and laughed until my face hurt. We finally had to go home around 11 or so. The drive home was pretty scary when we got to point of the mountain and the wind started blowing snow around so bad that we could hardly see the road. It was nice to finally be home and safe from the storm.
Christmas morning Derek tried waking me up WAY too early. I really felt like the Grinch when I talked him into going back to sleep... but I didn't feel bad enough to actually get up. Haha. We finally got out of bed around 10 and opened our gifts. It was fun to wake up to our own little tree on Christmas morning. We played Guitar Hero for a while and some of our other gifts. Then we got ready and went to Derek's grandma's for a party there. It was fun to hang out with everyone. It is crazy over there b/c I'm so used to my family. We don't have any little kids in my family anymore. All of my cousins are older. But Derek is the oldest grandchild in his family, so there are tons of little kids. Our baby is going to be the first great-grandchild... which is so weird to think about b/c Alice and Dan (Derek's grandparents) do not seem anywhere NEAR old enough to have that title!!!
Needless to say, it was hard to get back to work yesterday! Right now I am just waiting for Derek to get off of work. I really hate that he has to work Saturdays, but I guess that's just the way it is sometimes. Soon enough he'll graduate and then be part of the normal 5-days-a-week workforce! I am looking forward to that!
Today we are going to go to dinner and a movie to celebrate our second anniversary! It is actually tomorrow, but since tomorrow is Sunday we're celebrating today. I can't believe its been two years! It has been so much fun and I'm looking forward to what is to come.
Oh, one more thing...
Do you people realize that it is almost JANUARY?!?! And it's almost 2009??? OH. MY. GOODNESS. That means that our baby is almost here... Derek's graduation is almost here... my days in Utah are NUMBERED!!!!!!! Woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many awesome things to look forward to in 2009.... and I just can't wait!!
We hope everyone had as wonderful of a holiday as we did!
Peace out homefrys!
2 comments:
What a fun Christmas!! I can't believe you have been married 2 years...Happy Anniversary! I have never played guitar hero...I may have to come for a visit to try it ;) It was fun having you at the party at Grandma's house! I'm so glad that you are in our family!!
I'm so glad that you guys came to our santa party. That was fun huh? It sounds like you had a really fun Christmas and you had fun playing your guitars. You guys are so cute together. I can't believe you have been married for 2 years. Wow! That's great. Love ya
Post a Comment