Thursday, February 26, 2009

One Year...

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." -Roger Caras

For those of you who didn't know him, this was my furry little brother Reno (not to be confused with my "Fuzzy" little brother Chance). He died on this day one year ago. It was certainly one of the worst days of my life and one of the worst days for my whole family. He really was a good dog. He had such a huge personality. He loved to wrestle and play with the boys and he knew that when he wanted some peace and quiet he could go to my mom. The thing I loved most about him was that he would let me cuddle him and love on him as often as I wanted and for as long as I wanted. Sometimes he'd act put out by it, but in the end he was always willing to give me a hug when I needed it. He was also such a little punk!! I can't tell you how many times we'd come home and he'd jump off the couch and lay on the floor acting like he hadn't been on the couch at all. Or all the times I'd walk in my room and he'd be sleeping on my bed, drooling on my pillow. I have photo evidence of that! He was a total spaz when it came to thunder and lightning and fireworks. He would climb into your lap and try to cuddle into a ball there when he was scared. Keep in mind, he was a good 80-85 pound golden retriever, not some silly little lap dog! I remember when we first brought him home... We were all eating ice cream cones and he was on the couch (even tho my mom didn't want him there...) and my mom turned her head for one second and he ate the ice cream right off her cone. When she yelled at him he actually barked at her! He always had an attitude like he was a person too. And we all really did feel like he was a part of the family. He was only 9 years old when he died, and I feel like we really didn't have enough time with him. But the times we did have with him were fun and it is fun to remember those times.

I know that one day I will own another dog, and I will have to go thru this all over again... But you know what? I think its totally worth all the wonderful memories we get. Dogs are wonderful companions and I think everyone should get the opportunity to have a furry brother in their life as I have for all of mine.

I suppose I should also give a quick baby update... She's still hanging out in the womb. Haha. We saw the doc on Monday and nothing has happened. We'll see him again this upcoming Monday and in the meantime be hoping she comes!! Well, maybe it would be best if she waited another week so I can get my house in order. I get to quit my job next week and I am THRILLED about it!!! That just means she's even closer to being in my arms and not hanging off my front end. Hahaha.

Peace out homefrys!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a cute dog. We have had our dog for 7 years I think. Dogs are nice and so loveable. See ya tomorrow.

karen louise said...

He IS a cute dog :)

It was fun to see you at your shower! You got a ton of cute things! She's going to be so well dressed :) Can't wait to see her!